FreshFoss reduces the heating of cattle feed ration
Studies from the United States show that up to 6% of the value of the feed "evaporates" within 12 hours. The heat generation originates from the fermentation of the feed. This is primarily affecting the dry matter percentage, but carbohydrates and the protein content in the feed are also reduced.
Why does complete feed develop heat?
- Mould and yeast develop good growth conditions at
- Availability of sugar and fast-metabolisable carbohydrates
- Oxygen-rich environment
- High humidity
- High temperatures
- When the silage is removed from the silo and mixed with other feed items
- Silage is moved from oxygen-poor to oxygen-rich environment
- Mixed with energy-rich carbohydrates
- Yeast and mould burn off carbohydrates and develop heat
- Addition of water increases humidity
The dry acid product, FreshFoss, reduces the heating of TMR (Total Mixed Ration) and increases the quality of the feed ration.
FreshFoss TMR consists of a special combination of salts from organic acids, which reduces the growth of unwanted bacteria and mould. This way, the product helps to delay the heating process in the feed ration, thus protecting against loss of dry matter and nutrients.