Protect your animals from infections
Advantages of Stalosan F
- A multifunctional biocide that provides ongoing protection against pathogens and harmful waste products during the full animal production cycle.
- Active in presence of organic materials with an effect that lasts at least for a week
- The only approved biocide (or disinfectant) in ready to use powder form
- Contains more than 95% active ingredients, which lower the infection level and control the negative impact from harmful waste products and elevated pH-values in the barn environment.
- Eliminates pathogens (bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites)
- Inhibits bacterial enzymes
- Neutralises harmful waste products such as ammonia and hydrogen sulphide
- Regains a natural low pH-value in the animal environment and therefore strengthens the animal resistance towards infections. Read more about the importance of a low pH-value.
- High effect with a low dosage makes it cost effective
Stalosan F is made of fine particles to increase the contact surface and thereby increasing the efficacy. The fine particle size is also ensuring a high floatability and subsequently a complete coverage of treated areas.This floatability is very crucial or the effect of powder products in general, since once they are added to a surface, they will no longer be able to flow out and give a full coverage.
Read about the benefits and application of Stalosan for each animal group
What makes Stalosan F unique
Stalosan F is based on high levels of active ingredients, which is different from most other powder products that has zero or a low percentage of active ingredients and a large amount of inactive carriers. Those powder products are typically based on limestone which is without any biocidal effects and has a too high pH-value. The high pH increases the concentration of free ammonia that will compromise the resistance of animal skin. Read more about Stalosan compared to limestone-based products.
More than 50 years of experience
Stalosan F was invented by a Danish veterinarian in 1964 as the first powder product for animal housing in the world. The idea behind the product was to provide a powerful disinfection while the animals were present in the barn during the production cycle. To this day, Stalosan is still the only real powder biocide in the world, even though many other powder products has entered the market. In contrast, those powder products only have the ability to dry and can therefore not be categorised as a powder biocide.