How to control pecking behaviour in poultry for better animal welfare and good health
It took place on September 2nd, 2021 from 10.30 to 11.30 CET.
Giving in to the natural needs of poultry is an ever-increasing challenge for modern poultry production. Pre-occupation materials are more and more in demand within egg production, mainly to satisfy a natural pecking behaviour as well as in poultry meat production chains, where the general focus is on animal welfare reasons.
During the Vilofoss webinar of September 2, Uwe Frackenpohl, Faraz Ansari and Jan van Spil of the Vilofoss Poultry Group (VPG) spoke about the subject and presented Vilofoss’ approach to the poultry market overcoming this challenge.
Jan van Spil
- “Technical Support” Poultry
- Poultry specialist with practical background and more than 15 years of experience in sales, management-, farm- and poultry-consultancy.
- Joined Vilofoss France in January 2018 / Vilofoss Poultry Group since 2019.
- Vilofoss Group Director Poultry.
- More than 20 years professional experience in the feed and poultry industry (feed production, research, broiler breeding, turkey breeding, premix production).
- Agricultural engineer, Justus-Liebig University, Gießen (Germany).
- Regional Poultry Technical Manager.
- Completed his Diploma in the field of animal science in Iran
- After this he spent one year working in a broiler farm.
- Studied metabolic physiology and animal nutrition at the University of Kiel
- Started his career at Deutsche Vilomix Tierernährung GmbH in January 2017
If you wish to be contacted after a webinar, please fill out your contact information in the link below and we will contact you as soon as possible.