The perfect match against hoof problems: Stalosan F and HooFoss
It took place on October 20th, 2022 from 10.30 to 11.30 CET.
High alkaline pH combined with high pathogenic load in animal housing increases the risk of infection
- The influence of high pH on animal health in animal buildings should not be underestimated. In general, livestock animals suffer from excessive levels of ammonia creates by a combination of manure and urine. This brings the pH value up to levels that irritates and corrode animal skin and respiratory tract. This will lead to a reduction in the first line defence against infection.
- Therefore, when using biocides and care products, it is extremely important to choose acidic biocides and care products that also control the corrosive chemicals like ammonia.
Direct synergy between Stalosan F and HooFoss
- Our biocide “Stalosan F” and hoof care product “HooFoss” are both based on acidic minerals that, beside the main effects, support each other in breaking down corrosive products.
- Studies show that cows with fever hoof problems are more resistant towards high SCC and mastitis, meaning HooFoss will support the effect of Stalosan F
- The effect of HooFoss in controlling hoof problem is supported by Stalosan F when cows get into contact with the product in the cubicles, because the two products are similar in profile.
- Technical support Stalosan, Vilofoss A/S
- Jan has been working with Stalosan since 2003. Before this, he was a technical manager in the pharmaceutical company Pfizer.
- Jan holds a Master degree in Biochemistry and Neuroscience.
- His main focus is hygiene, hoof health, disinfection and chemical imbalances in the barn environment.
Watch a recording of the webinar:
If you wish to be contacted after a webinar, please fill out your contact information in the link below and we will contact you as soon as possible.